Teachers may use Wordle in a reading lesson to students for different level of English. The word cloud can be personalised according to requirement. Wordle allows us to decide on the maximum number of words that appears in the cloud. The font, layout and the colour of the clouds can also be edited.
Using Wordle in Classroom
One of the common usage for Wordle is for pre-reading activities. Teachers may use wordle for activities like previewing a text. Wordle helps students to get an overview of the text. Images and colours may help in generating students interest towards the text. In addition, there might be words that can activate students schemata. Teachers may opt to introduce and explain any new vocabularies in the text through wordle. Other than that, students may discuss and share their ideas about the content of the wordle in the classroom.
1. Personalisation. Words volume, font, layout and colour can be customised.
2. Easy to use in classroom. There is no need for facilities like laptop, internet etc.
3. Great way to introduce new vocabulary to students.
4. Skills. Teacher can use wordle to practice multiple skills (reading, writing, speaking)
1. Small words can sometimes be hard to read.
2.Privacy. Your clouds will go public once it is saved.